ZINC Federation Square
Wednesday and Thursday
July 17 to 18, 2019
Join hundreds of government and industry experts and leaders to discuss critical and timely insights into the current issues facing planning in the Greater Melbourne region, and the future of planning, transport, smart cities and urban development over the next 30 years.
The Summit will focus on the challenges and opportunities of growing a liveable Melbourne with eight million citizens by the year 2050.
The Summit will also provide insights into planning and infrastructure development for major cities across Australia.
It will highlight case studies of some of the best examples of innovative and successful planning solutions for a vibrant and liveable urban future.
It will provide a unique opportunity for you to provide input and feedback into the wide range of new strategies and policies currently being implemented.
Key topics include:
● Plan Melbourne 2017-2050
● Melbourne’s Activity Centres
● New Cities Partnership Program
● Infrastructure Victoria’s 30 Year Infrastructure Strategy
● Smart Melbourne – the impact of technology disruption on Melbourne’s planning and infrastructure development
● Melbourne’s transport ecosystem and the future of mobility
● Financing urban services and infrastructure
● Housing affordability
● Planning for population growth
● Planning for an ageing population
● Urban expansion
● The role of planning in achieving better environmental outcomes and water sensitive urban design.
● Factoring climate change into planning and infrastructure decisions.
The Summit will attract planning and infrastructure professionals from all levels of government, business and industry groups from across Australia.
● Federal, State and Local Government representatives, including Department Heads, Mayors, CEOs and Planning and City Growth Managers;
● Government Authorities/Agencies in charge of Land Development/Housing & Planning/Finance & Investments/Infrastructure/Urban Development/Procurement
● Urban Planners & Master Planners
● Real Estate Developers
● Architecture & Design Firms
● Engineering Contractors
● Project Management Firms
● Industry associations
● NGOs and many more.